3/3/09

Lets talk touch people.....windows 7 paving the way....

I really like technology and when i buy gadgets like phones, games, ect i really research the crap out of it!! So when i decided to guini pig myself and buy a touch screen computer i really took my time. I now have (after a lot of research, reviews, tear downs, ect ) a Touchsmart HP notebook. WOW, words cannot describe the potential of this technology. Touching where you want to go is such a simple response. I think this will change the "playing field" making people like me (Really tech savy) and people who are not very tech savy equal opportunity!

Now im fixing to install windows 7 beta on my touchscreen. I have installed it on a "normal" laptop and since using Vista+tocuh i see how windows 7 is making this technology so easy.

Pros of Touch:
Easy
Very Easy
"mouse" around faster
Drag Drop
Wring what you want to say....Literally
Portable....fold'er up and walk around


Cons of Touch:
You arm gets tired..
Little areas of windows vista thats hard to touch....Example: Touching "File" at the top of windows, Text boxes, small icons
Writing is a pain because you have to teach it by writing sentences. Its like being in grade school all over again!!!

Overall i really enjoy the head truning factor as well as the ease of touching where i want to go especialy for just browsing the net. I payed $900 with out the insurance plan ($100 from best buy). My HP TX2 is LOADED and very fast with dual core prossessors and 4 gigs memory/Ram.

DO YOUR RESEARCH ON PRODUCTS!! In the long run you can find cheap alternatives and get "Top of the line" products.


Have you ever research a product and had a good/bad experience?

Anyone have a touch? Add on to my Pros and Cons!!

Mr. Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment